CBCT - 3D xray
CBCT (Cone-beam Computed Tomography) is a non-invasive, radiation-free imaging method that has revolutionized the field of dentistry. It allows dentists to capture detailed images of the teeth and dental structures. It is also used to create a digital model of the patient’s oral cavity, which can be stored and accessed by doctors for future reference.
The procedure provides a virtual view of the teeth, jawbone, and surrounding tissues. The digital image serves as a reference for the dentist to plan and execute treatment procedures for patients with dental problems that require surgery.
What does the CBCT 3D X-ray procedure involve?
- CBCT 3D X-ray is minimally invasive and does not involve any radiation or use of anesthesia. The patient can walk into the dental clinic for the procedure.
- The dentist uses a high-speed cone-beam CTP computerized imaging system to capture images of the patient’s oral cavity.
- The system has an X-ray source that rotates around the patient’s head and projects a thin, focused beam of X-rays onto the tooth structure. An array of sensors captures the images produced by the X-rays.
- A high-speed computer processes these images to generate highly detailed three-dimensional images in minutes.
- The dentist can now view these images on a large screen and focus on specific areas while explaining the diagnosis to the patient.
What are the benefits of CBCT 3D X-ray?CBCT 3D X-ray provides several benefits, some of them being:
- It doesn’t involve the use of anesthesia or radiation. It is therefore safe for children and adults who have a fear of dental procedures.
- It provides better visualization of the soft tissues present in the mouth, such as gums, muscles, and nerves, which cannot be visualized with regular X-rays. This helps diagnose oral health conditions such as periodontal disease, alveolar bone loss, etc. before they progress to serious stages.
- It is used to plan and execute complex dental procedures such as dental implants, wisdom teeth removal, orthodontic treatment, reconstructive surgeries, etc., making them simpler and more precise.
- The digital model created using CBCT 3D radiography can be stored in your file at our office and accessed by your dental team to provide you with personalized treatment plans.
- CBCT 3D X-ray provides better visualization of the internal oral structures that cannot be seen with regular dental X-rays, such as jawbone structure, the position of the roots and jaw joints, etc. It helps in planning orthodontic treatment procedures accurately and precisely.
- The images produced by CBCT 3D X-ray can also be used to create models such as teeth replacement options (dentures/implants) and bite analysis models (orthodontics).
Call us at (702) 243-8788 to schedule an appointment with the dentist at the office located in Las Vegas, NV.