Laser - soft tissue laserLaser is known to be a highly advanced technology that is used for various dental procedures. It helps in treating patients in the most comfortable and effective way. The most popular and widely used dental laser is the soft tissue laser. It is used for treating soft tissues such as gums, jawbone, muscles, etc.
What are the Benefits of using a Soft Tissue Laser?
- The use of a soft tissue laser helps to avoid bleeding by sealing the blood vessels.
- It helps to seal the nerves present in the soft tissues, which prevents discomfort and numbing sensations.
- The healing process of the tissues is accelerated by using a soft tissue laser. This allows you to get back to your regular routine sooner than anticipated.
- The use of a soft tissue laser reduces the risk of developing an infection or an unpleasant smell in the mouth.
- It helps to treat minor oral conditions such as sensitive teeth, gingivitis, recession of gums, etc.
- Treatment can be completed in just one visit to the dentist's practice.
Dental concerns treated with a Soft Tissue LaserGum disease: Gum disease is caused due to the accumulation of microbes in between the gum and tooth. If left untreated for too long, it can lead to severe gum diseases such as periodontitis and advanced periodontitis. A soft tissue laser is used to treat gum disease by removing the decayed tissues and sealing off the blood vessels, thereby reducing the extent of inflammation. Also, medication can be placed between the gum and tooth during the procedure to reduce pain and discomfort during treatment.
Recession of gums: Gum recession is a condition where the gum tissues recede from their original position near the teeth due to excessive gum diseases or brushing too hard with a stiff-bristled toothbrush. The receded gum tissues pose a risk to healthy teeth as food particles tend to get trapped near them, which could cause cavities and teeth discoloration. The best way to treat gum recession is by removing the receded tissues and sealing off the exposed root canal cavity with a soft tissue laser. The decayed tissues are also removed if needed, and medication can be placed near it if necessary.
Treating sensitive teeth: Sensitive teeth are caused due to exposed tooth roots due to gum recession or receding of gums near the teeth edge. When you bite or chew food, you could experience pain due to this sensitivity. The dentist would treat sensitive teeth by removing the exposed root surface and sealing off blood vessels using a soft tissue laser. This helps reduce inflammation and discomfort when you bite or chew food.
Call us at (702) 243-8788 to schedule an appointment with the dentist at the office located in Las Vegas, NV.