CEREC or Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics is a dental restoration that helps in replacing a damaged or missing tooth. The process involves the fabrication of a ceramic crown in the dentist's office. This procedure saves a lot of time, thus, allowing you to get your damaged or missing teeth restored in the same day.
What is the need for CEREC?
There are several needs of CEREC, such as the following:
- It helps in restoring the broken or chipped teeth.
- It helps in restoring the damaged teeth.
- It can replace the damaged or missing teeth.
- It helps in restoring cosmetic issues of the teeth.
- It helps in repairing and reinstating the proper alignment of the teeth.
What is the Procedure of CEREC?
The procedure of CEREC is simple and directly involves chairside work, which means you can get your damaged or missing teeth restored in one day. The dentist starts by removing the decay from your teeth and taking digital impressions of it. Since it is a digital process, it gives you an exact view and shows you what your restoration will look like. It will be sent to a computer-aided milling machine, which will make your crown in just a few minutes and the dentist fits it to your tooth. The process takes less than an hour and is absolutely painless.
Benefits of CEREC
- The process of CEREC saves more than 75% time as compared to traditional methods used by dentists to restore teeth.
- It is a painless procedure that can be completed within just one visit to the dentist's office only.
- It helps in restoring both cosmetic and functional issues of the tooth.
- The material used to fabricate crowns is highly durable and strong, which keeps it from cracking or breaking easily.
How can you care for your CEREC crown?
Caring for your CEREC crown helps to keep it shining and long-lasting. Here are some tips on how you can care for your CEREC crown:
Call us at (702) 243-8788 to schedule an appointment with the dentist at the office located in Las Vegas, NV.
- Brush your teeth twice a day using fluoride toothpaste to remove plaque and bacteria from your mouth.
- Floss your teeth regularly to remove any debris or food particles stuck between them.
- Wash your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash to keep away plaque and bacteria from building up in your mouth.
- Visit the dentist for routine dental checkups to maintain good oral health always.