Straight teeth always make a great first impression, but some people may not want to have a mouthful of metal braces to have straight teeth. Today, there’s an alternative solution that will provide you with a beautiful smile without messing with the aesthetics of your facial appearance.
Are you tired of hiding your smile? At Red Rock Dental, we offer Invisalign orthodontic treatment, and our team will work hard to give you a smile of your liking in a matter of months.
Who Needs to Undergo an Invisalign Procedure?
Invisalign treatment is designed to enhance your smile and ensure the proper alignment of your teeth. The process helps correct the following dental issues:
- Gaps between your teeth that trap food particles and affect your smile’s appearance
- Overcrowded teeth that cause a crooked appearance
- An overbite or an underbite
What Are the Benefits of Having Invisalign Treatment?
The Invisalign treatment provides many aesthetic benefits. Some of them are:
- There are no restrictions on your diet because there are no wires and brackets where food particles could get trapped.
- They are transparent, easily visible to others.
- The clear aligners help boost your confidence by providing you with a beautiful set of straight teeth in a matter of months.
- Invisalign aligners can be easily removed, enabling you to perform vital activities like eating and brushing.
- They allow for better hygiene since they can be removed before your regular flossing and brushing of teeth.
What Is the Process of the Invisalign Treatment?
When you come in for a dental visit, we will assess your smile to see if Invisalign aligners are the right treatment solution for you. From there, we will use a digital scanner to create accurate 3D images of your teeth to chart out a treatment plan for your teeth’s movement. We will even let you have a preview of how your smile will look at the end of the straightening procedure.
Once the treatment plan has been charted out, we will fabricate your first custom-made aligners. You will be required to wear them for 20 to 22 hours a day to allow for the movement of the teeth. These clear aligners will shift your teeth slightly and gradually, applying force as required until your teeth change to their new positions. About once every two to four weeks or so, you will get a new set of aligners that will again shift your teeth slightly until you reach your ideal smile.
How to Care For Your Teeth Post-Invisalign Treatment?
Once the Invisalign treatment is complete, your teeth may still shift from their new positions. To prevent this, you need to observe the following practices:
- Wear retainers to prevent the shifting of the teeth.
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly to keep them healthy and strong.
- Visit your dentist every six months to help maintain your dental health.
If you are interested in knowing more about Invisalign and how Dr. Alan McCaffrey can transform your smile, call us at (702) 243-8788.